Dr. Abdul Rauoof Malik
Designation: Specialist Cardiologist
Qualification: MBBS, MD, DM
Years in Practice: 14 years
Contact: 800 AVIVO (28486)
Specialization and Achievements
- Dr. Malik is a board-certified cardiologist with over 14 years of experience.
- MBBS with honors from the Government Medical College Srinagar in 1993
- MD in Internal Medicine from SK Institute of Medical Sciences Srinagar in 1999
- Senior Residency in Internal Medicine at SK Institute of Medical Sciences Srinagar 1999 – 2002
- DM in Cardiology from SK Institute of Medical Sciences Srinagar in 2005
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases at Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, USA from 2005 to 2009.
- Worked as Consultant Cardiologist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals New Delhi (2009-2012) and at Aseer Central Hospital, KSA (2013-2016).
- Held several academic positions including Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases Division, at Mayo Clinic, USAand Associate professor of Medicine and Cardiology at King Khalid University Abha, KSA.
- Recipient of several awards including Inter-American Society of Hypertension Travel Award (2007) and Young Scientists Award (2004)
- Contributed in the development of a testing algorithm to assess “Vascular Age” at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, USA
- Investigator in several landmark clinical studies including CRISP-AMI, Mayo Clinic Family Heart Study, GENOA, ECAC, Arterial Health study, and Apollo Vascular Medicine Project
- Revered peer reviewer for highly respected journals like Annals of Internal Medicine, Journal of Internal Medicine, Catheterization Cardiovascular Intervention, International Medical Case Reports Journal, Minerva Cardioangiologica, Clinical Epidemiology, Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management and Journal of Indian College of Cardiology
- Serves on the editorialboards of over a dozen medical journals
- Authored 54 scientific papers including papers in high-impact journal like, JACC, Hypertension, American Journal of Cardiology, and Nature group of journals; also authored 3 book chapters
- Faculty to several national and international scientific meetings, presented over 30 scientific papers, and participated in ‘Live Case’ demonstrations at some of these prestigious meetings
- Professional membership with American College of Physicians, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Asia Pacific Vascular Society, American Society of Hypertension, American Heart Association /American Stroke Association, ATVB Council, Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Cardiological Society of India, North American Thrombosis Forum
- Procedural expertise in echocardiography (transthoracic and transesophageal), vascular ultrasonography and Doppler, arterial tonometry and pulse wave analysis,endothelial function assessment, cardiac catheterization and pacing, coronary angiography and intervention, and vascular intervention