Dr. Sasikumar Kallivalappil
Designation: Specialist Neurologist
Qualification: MBBS, DM (Neurology), MRCP(UK)
Years in Practice: 25 years
Contact: 800 AVIVO (28486)
- 1984 : MBBS, University of Calicut, Kerala.
- 1991 : Doctorate of Medicine(DM)in Neurology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
- 2013 : Europen Diploma In Neurology
- 2014: MRCP(UK)
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING - UNITED KINGDOM
- 1992 to 1993: Training in Neurology, Middlesborough General Hospital and Hull Royal Infirmary
- Six months: Training in Neurology, Hull Royal Infirmary
- Six months: Research Assistant in Epilepsy, Bootham Park Hospital, York
- Six months: Training in Elderly Care Medicine and Rehabilitation, Scunthorpe General Hospital
- 1994 -2000: Consultant Neurologist, Moulana Hospital, Perinthalmanna. Malappuram, Kerala, India
- Nov.2000 –July 2001 Specialist Neurologist, Liwa Medical Centre, Karama, Dubai, UAE
- Sept 2001-2003-Specialist Neurologist Jansons Medical Centre, Bur-Dubai, UAE
- 2003 August onwards: SpecialIst Neurologist, PRIMACARE Speciality Clinic, Dubai UAE
- Cerebrovascular Diseases.
- Investigation & Management of multiple types of Neurological Disorders.
COURSES AND CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Advanced Course in Neuro Opthalmology: 16/17 Dec. 1989: Postgraduate Institute of Opthalmology Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, Tamilnadu
- Advanced Course in Neuromuscular Diseases: 21/22 April 1992: University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Advanced Couse in Neurology: May 1992: Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
- Annual Conference of Indian Neurological Society: 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996.1997-2008
- Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology 1996-2008
- Update in Medicine in Desert 2003
- American Academy CME Neurome 2006
- First International conference of Emirates neurological society 2006
- American Academy of CME, Arab health 2007
- Member of Emirates Neurological association
- Member of Neurological Society of India
- Member of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Member of British Epileptic Association
- Member of Indian Medical Association
- Member of American Academy of Neurology
- Rotary club member
- Original Study. Cerebral haemorrhage and infarction. Development of a model for accurate bedside diagnosis. Dr. Sasikumar. Thesis submitted to Bangalore university for partial fulfilment of the requirement for the award of Doctorate of Medicine in Neurology.
- Brown - Sequard syndrome due to semple antirabies vaccine: case report, HS Swamy MD,DM,A Vasanth DM, Sasikumar MBBS DM Paraplegia 30 (1992 ) 181 - 183.
- Binswangers disease. HS Swamy MD, DM, A Vasanth DM, Sasikumar MBBS, Neurology India.
- Neurological complications of Salmonella Typhi - Clinical, Microbiological and Pathological study. Dr. Sasikumar et aI. XL Neurology Conference, Manipal, India Dec 14 - 17, 1991.
- A study of Wilson's Disease, 120 cases. HS Swamy, V S Mazumdar, A Vasanth, Sasikumar, BSS Rao, Apicon. 1992 Scientific Session, Association of Physicians of India.
- Schilders Myelinoclastic Diffuse Sclerosis, 16 cases biopsy and CT - scan findings. HS Swamy, Sasikumar. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica.
- Study of Guillain - Baree Syndrome, audit project undertaken during six months training at Hull Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom. Dr. Sasikumar DM, Dr. AAA Bajalan MRCP, Dr. CE Clarke MD MRCP.
- Study of Ulnar Neuropathy, a profile of two years at Hull Royal Infirmary. Dr.Sasikumar DM, Dr. Bajalan MRCP.
- Study of Transient Ischemic Attacks. Dr. Mike Hardman, Dr. Sasikumar DM, Dr. Clarke MRCP. Audit project undertaken during six months training at Hull Royal Infirmary.
- Study of Completed Strokes, during six months at Hull Royal Infirmary. Dr. She MRCP, Dr. Sasikumar DM, Dr. Clarke MRCP.
- Thalamic haematoma - Unusual Complication of Streptococcal meningitis - Neurology India Poster Presentation at NSI Conference ,Delhi, India,December 1995.
- Paraplegia due to secondaries from choreocarcinoma - Neurology India Poster Presentation at NSI Conference, Delhi, India,December 1995.
- Gabapentin in Intractable seizures - Platform Presentation. Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India December, 1996 Calcutta,India.
- Herpes Simplex Encephalitis - My Experience. Paper presented at annual conference Neurological Society of Kerala Branch at Calicut, Kerala,India, February 1996.
- Epidemiology of stroke and Epilepsy in a rural population, Malappuram, Kerala, India. ( Study under progress )
- Intractable seizures and new antiepileptic drugs. Association of Physicians Palghat chapter meeting June 1998.
- Viral Encephalitis an emergence of the epidemiologic problem in Kerala speech delivered at Association of Physicians Kerala chapter meeting, Tellicheray 1997.
- Erectile impotence in males. Introduction of Neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, panel discussion, Association of Physician of India Kerala chapter Trichur, Aug 1998.
- Stroke management role of first six hours- Lectures delivered at IMA Palakkad, Kottakkal, Ottapalam, Malappuram.
- Co-ordinator of Moulana Hospital clinical club, Indian Medical Association Perinthalmanna,Kerala,India.
- CLOBAZAM add-on therapy for intractable seizures. Ongoing study.